CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 20, 2013

Summer's almost over....


After having the house closed up and the air running last few weeks, it was really nice to be able to have the house open all day!  The warm breeze coming through, I can smell the herbs from our garden, 80;s music playing in the back ground, it truly is a wonderful day to be working up in the studio!  I am working on some layouts for my classes coming up at Cool Scrapbook Stuff in Poway.  Working with, Teresa Collins Memorbilia line and Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells line.  Love them both.  I have not been scraping layouts, I don't know why. I get sidetracked with "other" projects, (my studio is lined with projects in progress!) so I am very excited to get back to them.  I have PLENTY of inspiration from my pumpkins.  My pumpkins are my nieces and nephew.  I don't call them by their birth names and they don't seem to mind..yet.  They call me Teta, which is aunt in "slave".  Again, you will see them soon enough in my projects.
Speaking of projects, this one was inspired when I was reading a bedtime story to my Beans.  It was a take on Twinkle, Twinkle if I can remember correctly. When I read this line for the first time, I got a little meepy.  I have a great love for the ocean, it is magical, just like the night sky at 2:00 a.m.  I get up often at 2 and go see what waits for me out my window...its like a breath of fresh air.  So, mind you I have had this sand dollar for about 15 years.  I had to buy the starfish and it took me 3 years to find the perfect piece of driftwood.  I bring this piece out as a centerpiece to decorate my coffee table for summer. And if my Halloween decorations weren't so cute it would stay out until Christmas!

0 comments: