CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 16, 2013

Nani and Teta

 Well since my earlier post I have been thinking-should anyone be reading my posts, this is probably my favorite project I have ever done. I came across this photo a few years ago and have it on the fridge, so I can see it all the time. Sometimes really special projects need to be starred at before I can begin.  The picture is late 1960's of 2 of my favorite people. Nani is on the right and her younger sister, my Teta, is on the left. Nani means grandma and Teta means Aunt in slave. They are from Luca a little town in Yugoslavia.  They were extremely close and this picture just captures a brief moment in time between them. I still enjoy weekly visits with my 93 year young Teta.  We make jam, can their starter sauce, make biscotti, crochet and just talk about the good old days.   I enjoy this time with her just like we did when Nani was here. This hangs now in my hallway and ALWAYS makes me smile. I wish everyone had a Nani and Teta like mine.
W

0 comments: