CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Who doesn't love a rainbow?

I took this photo a few weeks ago
 Remember the few days of rain we had a few weeks ago, when it was 100 degrees around this rain! Crazy weather but it was early morning, 6 a.m. Or so, I ran out to my car and this is what I saw! It was a lovely sign that it was gonna be a great day...which it was! Just wanted to share !
I am in love with my dehydrator! I have been making fruit leather as often as I can. Without a recipe to follow, and knowing what fruit a friend of mine uses in her recipe, I simply experimented. I blanch 2 green apples, 2 small white peaches, skins and pits/seeds removed. Once cooled I add to my ninja. I add 1 banana, and about 1 cup of strawberries. Once puréed, taste. If it's not sweet enough I add more strawberries. Even when it still didn't seem sweet enough, I made it and it tasted great. I poured into my dehydrator tray, that came with the machine. After a few hours on med, I add another layer of the fruit purée. Fill in areas that have thinned. I do this only once and continue to let it run on med for a good 12 hours, test it first, it may need to go longer. then I try to lift it, to flip it and let it go for another 5-8 hours. Just lift it, touch it, you can tell when it's finished. I did not add anything else, it was great! I also do banana chips, and dried grapefruit slices. So good. Just wanted to share! Happy Tuesday !

0 comments: