CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Super food salad recipe

I had to do a separate post for the recipe.  I was having some trouble having access to scroll in the posting section. But there they are and here is the YUMMY recipe I found.  My husband Dean has been requesting that I try to find these types of salad and since we don't have a Whole Foods next to us, I decided to try to find one or two I like on line.  With not many choices that popped up I found this one, not only is I real good, but it lasts in fridge crunchy with the dressing for three days.  There are only 2 of us and with us eating a large bowl for lunch or dinner the 3 days we eat it all. Hope you enjoy it!

1 bunch of Kale ( I use a little kale and add lots of spinach)
1 lbs Edamame (I use half of the frozen bag you get at store, throw it in frozen)
1c shredded carrot ( I use 1 and shred)
1 c green cabbage shredded ( I use half of a small head)
1 small container of grape tomatoes( yep, I used half )
1c blueberries ( I use the whole 6oz container fresh berry )
1 c dried cranberries ( I use half of the package, I think little less than cup)
1 cup roasted cashew pieces
1cup roasted sunflower seeds ( I used 1/2 cup for both nuts)
1/2 cup chopped red onion (use 1/4)

It calls for Kroger blueberry pomegranate vinaigrette ( my store carried Annie's natural pomegranate vinaigrette) I pour about half bootle, toss and refrigerate til ready to eat.

I also add 1/4 cup hemp seed and a chicken breast chopped up. A refreshing meal, let me know if you like it as much as we do! Happy Sunday...and I am getting product this week to work classes for the end of march at Cool.  I will keep posting my works in progress.....keep creating!

0 comments: