CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Garden to table!

One of my favorite things to do is going out into the garden everyday to see what can be picked!

We are not getting a lot this year for some reason, the weather is very hot, it could be our new soil, the fertilizer we choose to use, bugs??? I bought some Roma tomatoes when they were on sale this last week and canned my "base". Nani  and Teta did this every year, a mix of goodies from the garden, simmering it up, can it. We use it for the base for spaghetti sauce, however, I love to use it when I bake chicken, or  with pasta using olive oil, or a white sauce...great part is, it's ready to go at any time! I will be making and canning a haberno sauce possible today..gotta use them while they are fresh!



0 comments: